§ You breathe about 10 million times a year.

人一年呼吸大約一億次。

 

§ You breathe in about 7 quarts of air every minute. Good thing it's free.

人每分鐘呼吸 7 夸脫 ( 16 公升) 的空氣。 還好不用錢。

 

§ Right-handed people live on average nineyears longer than left-handed people.

右撇子的壽命比左撇子平均長九年。

 

§ The liver performs over 500 different functions.

肝臟有五百種以上的功能。

 

§ There are approx. 550 hairs in the eyebrow.

一邊的眉毛大約有 550 根。

 

§ The human body weighs forty times more than the brain.

人體的重量大約是大腦的 40 倍以上。

 

§ Your brain weighs about three pounds but over two pounds of that is water.

人類大腦大約三磅 ( 1400 ) 重, 但兩磅 ( 900 ) 以上是水。

 

§ If you were freeze dried like coffee 90% of your weight would be the real you and 10% would be the little critters that call your body their home.

如果把人像咖啡一樣冷凍脫水, 剩下的重量裡只有 90% 是真正的你, 其他的 10% 都是寄生性動物。

 

§ Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling not eating) can help you lose weight.

聞嗅香蕉及/或青蘋果的氣味 (是聞而不是吃) 可以使人減重。

 

§ You can't kill yourself by holding your breath. At worst you would lose consciousness and the lungs would start to breath automatically.

人類無法憋氣自殺。 頂多你會失去知覺, 最後肺還是會自動繼續呼吸。

 


 

§ If you sneeze too hard you can fracture a rib.

打噴嚏太用力的話肋骨可能會骨折。

 

§ A sneeze can travel as fast as 100 miles per hour.

噴嚏打出來的時速高達 100 MPH (時速 161 公里)

 

§ A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 600 MPH.

打噴嚏的氣流速度超過 600 MPH (時速 966 公里)

小毛註: 上面兩則來自不同資料, 不知道是哪一種噴嚏, 請自行決定要相信哪一個。

 

§ If you try to suppress a sneeze you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.

但忍住不打噴嚏可能會使腦中或頸部的血管破裂而死。

 

§ People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze your heart stops for a millisecond.

打噴嚏時旁人會說 "上帝保佑你" 因為你打噴嚏時心臟會暫停百分之一秒。

 

§ It's impossible to sneeze and to keep ones eye's open at the same time. If you keep your eyes open by force they can pop out.

睜著眼睛是打不出噴嚏的。 如果以外力使眼皮保持睜開, 眼球可能會掉出來。

 

§ Humans have more than 600 muscles in their bodies.

人體有六百條以上的肌肉。

 

§ It takes 17 muscles to smile and 42 to frown.

微笑只需要 17 條肌肉, 皺眉需要 42 條。

 

§ When someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles to frown but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them in the head.

當你討厭某人時, 皺眉需要 42 條肌肉, 但伸手敲他的頭只需要 4 條肌肉。

 

§ If you blink one eye you move over 200 muscles.

眨單眼需要運動 200 條以上的肌肉。

 


 

§ The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

人體最有力的肌肉是舌頭。

 

§ Every person has a unique tongue print.

每個人舌頭上的紋路都不一樣。

 

§ The life span of a taste bud is ten days.

味蕾的壽命是十天。

 

§ A person swallows approximately 295 times while eating dinner.

人吃一頓飯平均吞嚥 295 次。

 

§ After eating too much your hearing is less sharp.

人吃太飽聽力會變差。

 

§ We drool more than three pints a day.

人一天的口水量超過 3 品脫 ( 3.4 公升)

 

§ In your very own lifetime you'll produce enough spit to fill two swimming pools.

人一生的口水量足以裝滿兩個游泳池。

 

§ The average human produces 10000 gallons of saliva in a lifetime.

人一生的口水量平均是一萬加侖 ( 45450 公升)

 

§ Your dad sweats enough each day to fill up a 6 pack of soda cans...and then some?

成年男性每天流汗量足以裝滿六瓶易開罐。

 

§ If the average male never shaved his beard would be 13 feet long when he died.

男人如果一輩子不刮鬍子, 到死時鬍子將有 13 呎長。

 


 

§ Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

戴一小時的耳機, 耳中的細菌可以增加 700 倍。

 

§ The littel lump of flesh just forward of your ear canal right next to your temple is called a tragus.

耳朵前方鬢角旁突起的小肉團叫做耳珠 (tragus)

 

§ The hair of an adult man or woman can stretch 25 percent of its length without breaking. If it is less elastic it is not healthy.

成年人的頭髮可以拉伸 25% 而不會斷裂。 如果拉不到這個程度就表示頭髮不夠健康。

 

§ Intelligent people have more copper and zinc in their hair.

聰明人頭髮裡的銅和鋅含量比較多。

 

§ Laughing is aerobic. It provides a workout for the diaphragm and increases the body's ability to use oxygen.

笑是一種有氧運動。 它能鍛鍊橫隔膜, 並增加身體的耗氧率。

 

§ Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system.

笑可以降低壓力荷爾蒙, 同時強化免疫系統。

 

§ Your fingernails grow four times as fast as your toenails.

手指甲生長的速率是腳指甲的四倍。

 

§ The thumbnail grows the slowest and the middle nail grows the fastest.

拇指指甲長得最慢, 中指指甲最快。

 

§ The white part of your fingernail is called the lunula.

手指甲根部的白色部份叫做新月 (lunula)

 

§ Fingernails are made from the same substance as a bird's beak.

指甲和鳥喙的成分其實是一樣的。

 


 

§ Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.

你的胃每兩週就得長出一層新黏液, 否則會把自己消化掉。

 

§ Every month you grow a brand new outer layer of skin.

人類每個月長出一層新的皮膚。

 

§ We shed 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime.

人一生要脫 40 ( 18 公斤) 的皮。

 

§ If you ate too many carrots you would turn orange.

人吃太多胡蘿蔔時會變成橘色。

 

§ Brains are more active while sleeping than watching TV.

大腦睡覺的時候比看電視的時候活躍。

 

§ You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.

睡覺時消耗的熱量比看電視的時候還多。

 

§ The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.

人通常在七分鐘之內就會睡著。

 

§ The colder the room you sleep in the better the chances are that you'll have a bad dream.

臥房太冷的話睡覺容易做惡夢。

 

§ The average person has over 1460 dreams a year.

人一年平均做 1460 個夢。

 

§ If you yelled for 8 years 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

如果連續吼叫 8 7 個月又 6 天, 產生的聲音能量正好可以加熱一杯咖啡。

 


 

§ If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

如果連續放屁 6 9 個月, 釋放出氣體的能量相當於一顆原子彈。

 

§ Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

用頭撞牆消耗的熱量是每小時 150 大卡。

 

§ To burn off one plain M&M candy you need to walk the full length of a football field.

想靠走路消耗一顆 M&M's 巧克力的熱量, 得走一整個足球場那麼長的距離。

 

§ The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

人類心臟的壓力可以將血液打到 30 呎高的地方。

 

§ Your heart beats over 100000 times a day.

人一天心跳超過十萬次。

 

§ By the time your grandmother is 72 years old her heart will have chalked up over two-and-a-half BILLION beats.

女性到 72 歲時心臟已經跳了 25 億次。

 

§ Platelets are manufactured at the rate of 200 billion a day.

人體每天製造兩千億個血小板。

 

§ A human fetus has fingerprints after three months.

人類胚胎在三個月大時就有指紋了。

 

§ Children grow faster in the spring.

小孩在春天長得比較快。

 

§ Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.

嬰兒出生的時候沒有膝蓋。 要直到 2~6 歲才會長出來。

 


 

§ The length of your foot is the same las that of your forearm between your wrist and the inside of your elbow? You're probably thinking "no way" but give it a try...you'll be amazed!

腳底板的長度跟前臂 (手腕到手肘內側) 剛好一樣。 不信就試試看吧。

 

§ Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks.

人類的牙齒跟石頭差不多硬。

 

§ you're born with 300 bones but when you get to be an adult you only have 206.

人出生的時候有 300 塊骨頭, 成年後只剩 206 塊。

 

§ Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.

人類的大腿骨比水泥還堅固。

 

§ The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone.

人體最硬的骨頭是下顎骨 (頷骨)

 

§ The most sensitive finger on the human hand is the index finger.

人體最敏感的手指是食指。

 

§ The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.

看到喜歡的東西時, 人類的瞳孔可以擴大 45%

 

§ Our eyes are always the same size from birth but our nose and ears never stop growing.

我們的眼球從出生以來大小都相同, 但鼻子和耳朵卻會不斷長大。

 

§ You blink your eyes about 20000 times a day.

人一天眨眼超過兩萬次。

 

§ You blink about 84000000 times a year.

人一年眨眼約八千四百萬次。

 


 

§ Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

女性眨眼的次數幾乎是男性的兩倍。

 

§ Girls see better than boys in the dark.

黑暗中女性的視力比男性好。

 

§ Women prefer blue bedrooms more than other colors. Men prefer white bedrooms.

女性最喜歡的臥房顏色是藍色, 男性則是白色。

 

§ According to a Kinsey survey 75% of men ejaculate within three minutes of penetration.

根據金賽性學報告, 75% 的男人在抽插三分鐘內射精。

 

§ Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.

相對於女性, 男性可以看清更小的字體。 不過女性的聽力比較好。

 

§ Women's hearts beat faster than men's.

女性的心跳比男性快。

 

§ It is impossible to lick your elbow.

人舔不到自己的手肘。(還是有極少數例外: Elbow Lick)

 

§ Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.

75% 以上的人看完本文會嘗試舔自己的手肘。

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    冷知識
    全站熱搜

    mary 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()